Tealio Inc. (“Tealio”, “we”, “our”) is committed to maintaining the privacy of its users (“users”, “you”). The following information describes how Tealio collects and processes information about you when you use our Services and Platform (as defined below).
- - What information we collect and why we collect it.
- - How we use that information.
- - How we secure your information.
- - Your rights with regard to the collection of such information.
Tealio offers solutions for managing health assessment processes (“Services”). The Services are being provided via a Platform enabling users to manage workflows, capture, display, and transfer healthcare data (“Platform”).
3. Collecting Information
When you use the Platform and Services, some information may be automatically collected, and some is collected when you interact with our Platform. Information from which you can be personally identified may be collected, including but not limited to your full name and email address (hereinafter: “Personal Information”).
The type of information that may be automatically collected is non-personal information, which includes your session durations, information about your Device and your internet connection and the frequency and scope of your use of the Platform.
Tealio shall only collect your Personal Information for the provision of the Services and Platform, via the methods detailed below:
- - Contact Support:
If you wish to contact us, we will collect your Personal Information such as full name, email address and the information regarding your inquiry to respond to your request and otherwise follow up as necessary.
- - Sign Up to use the Platform:
If you wish to sign up to the Platform or add additional members from your organization to the platform (“Additional User”), we will collect Personal Information such as full name and email address. By granting access to such Additional User, you represent that such Additional User is authorized to use the Platform and access the Personal Information and healthcare data uploaded to it.
- - Logging-in to use the Platform:
If you wish to log-in to use the Platform, we will collect your Personal Information such as email address and selected password.
- - Collecting Information of Individuals:
While using the Services, we may collect, process, store, or transfer Personal Information of Individuals you are servicing, which may include sensitive information such as healthcare data. To the extent required by applicable privacy and data protection law, you are responsible for ensuring that necessary privacy notices are provided to the Individuals, and unless another legal basis set forth in the applicable privacy law supports the lawfulness of the processing, that any necessary Individual’s consent to the processing is obtained, and for ensuring that a record of such consent is maintained. Should the Individual revoke such consent, you are responsible for communicating the fact of such revocation to Tealio.
4. Use of Information
We use the Personal Information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
A. Providing the Requested Services
- Such collection of information will enable us to provide you with technical and professional assistance, with regard to the Platform and Services you are provided with or wish to be provided with.
We process the Personal Information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the requested Services and provision of the Platform.
B. Improvement and Development of the Services
- We collect Personal Information to improve and develop our Services and understand feedback on Tealio’s Platform to help provide more information on the use of our Services quickly and easily.
- We collect Personal Information for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on our Platform to ensure it is user friendly.
- We collect Personal Information to improve the management and administration of our business and maintain our compliance with our internal policies and procedures.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve our Platform, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Platform and Services to allow our users to have the best experience.
C. Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
We may use your information to detect and prevent fraud, abuse and security incidents in the following ways;
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Enhance the safety and security of our Platform and Services;
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
- Maintaining audit logs and comply with regulation requirements.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving our Platform and Services by enabling our users a secure environment.
D. Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
- If you have used Tealio’s Services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected.
- This enables us to understand your needs and interests, optimize the content we send you and make it more suitable and relevant to your needs.
- This also enables us to improve your experience on the Platform by providing you with personalized content, recommendations, and features.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to personalize your experience on the Platform and customize our content. We do not sell your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
5. Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
Personal Information may be shared with your associates and other third parties upon your request.
We reasonably attempt to ensure that we never intentionally disclose any of your Personal Information, to any third party without having received your permission, except as provided for herein or otherwise as permitted or required under law.
We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, subsidiaries or any third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services or any portion thereof, such as marketing, data management or maintenance services. Personal Information of users of our Platform will be shared, when such sharing is required to provide the Platform and Services. We may also share your information with analytics service providers for analytics purposes. Such analytics service providers set their own cookies or other identifiers on your Device, through which they can collect information about your usage of our Platform. This helps us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our Platform and Services.
We may also transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate changes. Furthermore, information about you may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use the Platform to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage Tealio, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Platform or a physical or property threat to you or others.
6. Your Rights
You have the right at any time to request to access or modify your information. To exercise these options, please contact us at email@example.com.
In some jurisdictions, in particular but not limited to those located within the European Union (the "EU") or within the European Economic Area (the "EEA"), you may be afforded specific rights regarding your Personal Information. Subject to such eligibility, you may have the following rights to:
- - Request confirmation of the existence of the processing.
- - Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete.
- - Object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- - Object to the processing of your Personal Information where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- - Object to an automated decision-making (including profiling) in certain circumstances.
- - Request the erasure or anonymization of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it.
- - Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization that you have provided to us, which we process by automated means, where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
If you wish to file a request regarding any of the above or any other right you believe you have, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that in some of the cases practicing your rights as stated above will limit your access to the Services or parts of them.
Any request to access or modify information of Individuals you are servicing, shall be forwarded to Tealio directly by you as soon as possible. Should an Individual object to the processing of their Personal Information or Sensitive Information, you are responsible for communicating the fact of such objection to Tealio.
We may use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “cookies”) to identify how users make use of our Platform. This aggregated tracking information may be used to help us improve and enhance the Platform’s experience for all of our users. In addition, cookies are used for adjusting the Platform to your personal preferences. Cookies contain information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you stayed on the Platform, the location from which you accessed the Platform and more. If you would prefer not to have cookies stored on your Device, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your Device. However, by rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings on our Platform.
8. Opt In or Opt Out
You are always in control of your data, and if you choose to receive information from us, or others, you can change your mind later. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may notify us by writing to email@example.com. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
9. Data Security
We deploy industry standard, or better measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of Personal Information we process. We maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards, and test and update these periodically. We endeavor to restrict access to Personal Information on a ‘need to know’ basis for the provision of Platform to you. In the event of a security breach, we will take all reasonable action to minimize any harm, including with regard to notifications. Although we will do our best to protect Personal Information, no security system is perfect, and ECW cannot promise that Your Personal Information will remain absolutely secure in all circumstances.
10. Data Retention
Generally, Tealio does not retain information longer than necessary to provide its Platform and Services and for its reasonable business and lawful needs. If you withdraw your consent to us processing your Personal Information, we will erase your Personal Information from our systems, unless the Personal Information is required for Tealio to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims or it is necessary for the performance of the requested services.
11. Children’s Privacy
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YOU MAY NOT USE THE PLATFORM, UNLESS LEGAL GUARDIAN CONSENT IS PROVIDED ACCORDINGLY
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Last updated: January 2024